About Chatter Sessions
Progressive Community Services is hosting Chatter Sessions to help you learn about your rights, options, and choices. Chatter Sessions are being led by our Support Coordinators. Come and chat with us!
Next Chatter Session Schedule
Date and Time: Tuesdays, June 20, 2023 – August 8, 2023 (no class week of July 3).
Location: PCS Headquarters, 1620 N. Woodbine, St. Joseph, MO 64506
Focus: To educate individuals on healthy choices and the impact they have on their health.
Individuals who want to participate in Healthy Chatter can pick and choose the classes they want to attend. Each class will stand alone and will be designed to meet each person’s individualized health needs.
June 20 [Week 1]
Knowing your health and communicating your needs
- What does being healthy mean?
- Talking to your doctor and sharing your concerns
- Understanding your rights with your healthcare
- Tools for creating your health goals. (LifeCourse)
June 27 [Week 2]
- Understanding your physician’s diet recommendations/orders
July 11 [Week 3]
- Good vs. Bad
- Carb and Sugar (Why are these bad?)
- Fruits and Veggies (Why these are good?)
- Grocery store list (What to buy)
July 18 [Week 4]
Eating Healthy: Real alternatives you WANT to eat.
July 25 [Week 5]
Making Exercise Part of Your Day: Low-intensity exercise
August 1 [Week 6]
Making Exercise Part of Your Day: Medium-intensity exercises
August 8 [Week 7]
Making Exercise Part of Your Day: High-impact exercises
Register for Healthy Chatter