Code of Ethical Conduct
Progressive Community Services recognizes its responsibility to set high standards of performance, professionalism and ethical conduct for its employees. These codes are to serve as a basis for guiding daily decisions and actions.
It shall be the responsibility of all employees to:
- Support an atmosphere where the input of individuals we support and their families is encouraged and respected, and where services are designed around their needs and responsive to their expectations, decisions, and choices.
- Assure their words and actions always demonstrate respect for individuals we support, their families, fellow co-workers, the board of directors, and the community as a whole.
- Be a person of their word, practicing honesty in all situations and with all people they come in contact with as part of their employment or affiliation with Progressive Community Services.
- Act with honesty and integrity, reporting any actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships.
- Give no less than their best to assure that individuals we support and their families receive the best services possible within the resources available to Progressive Community Services.
- Value and support the benefits of teamwork and do their best to be a good member of the team working to assure the success of the individuals we support and their families/guardians.
- Develop and maintain the required skills and competence to do their job.
- Participate in the opportunities presented to them to learn more about best practice in the area in which they work. Their performance on the job will demonstrate the implementation of those practices.
- Be a person of integrity refraining from doing anything that might bring harm to the reputation of Progressive Community Services or have the appearance of professional misconduct.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of their work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose. Confidential information acquired in the course of their work will not be used for personal advantage.
- Be a responsible steward of Progressive Community Service’s resources.
- Recognize that Progressive Community Services is supported by the community, and that they have an obligation to that community to never knowingly mislead or misinform the public or misrepresent Progressive Community Services.
- Assure that all community education and marketing activities respect the dignity and privacy rights of those individuals that we support.
- Support the decisions of management and that while they may state their position as an employee of Progressive Community Services to their supervisor or appropriate management staff, they will respect and follow the final decision of management.
- Conform to all applicable laws and legal regulations under whose authority the organization operates and conducts business.
- Report known or suspected violations of this Code in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
It shall be the responsibility of all Management staff to:
- Ensure fair, unbiased hiring and promotion procedures.
- Honor the privacy of all employees.
- Be prepared to state the reasons for their decisions based on ethical considerations, and be accountable for their choices and actions.
- Encourage employee development by providing a comprehensive agency orientation program and on-going, job specific training opportunities.
- Regularly solicit and respect the opinions of all staff.
- Evaluate employees on a fair and consistent basis in a timely manner.
- Provide a working environment that is free from drugs, smoke, sexual harassment, and discrimination.
- Set a high standard for professionalism for all staff.
- Show respect for all employees.